Thursday, April 24, 2008

I have lived here eleven days.

I got home from work today around 5:45pm, parked, picked up the box of flowers delivered to my doorstep, dropped my bags, changed my shoes, checked directions on Mapquest and went back out to my car to find the post office so that I can get stamps to send a letter to Adaline. In the 5 or so minutes I was inside, my across-the-street neighbor had stuck a note under my windshield wiper:

"Hello, Neighbor!

Please don't take any offense, but it is much easier for every-one if we only take one of the parking spaces in front of my home.

Thanks a lot,

Tim (scribble scribble I'm important)"

I wish I could post a photograph of my residential street. There are driveways, and there are spaces to park on the street. The street parking is never remotely close to being full. Today, due to my "negligence," "Tim" was "forced" to park approximately 10 feet away from his "home." That he "rents." I guess if you suck in and hold your breath, two cars can squeeze between those two driveways. The tail end of my car blocked his usual parking spot. And the overprivileged snot had to walk 10 extra feet to go home, and then felt the need to walk another 10 feet to put his note on my windshield.

I wanted to leave a note on his car saying, "Please feel free to park in front of my home anytime you need to. Because the street belongs to all of us and I don't mind walking a few extra steps to my front door."

Also, "everybody" is not hyphenated.

1 comment:

RanaElizabeth said...

Was this your first offense parking in front of his house? Tim's a little jumpy. You should keep doing it. Tell him you can't read English- but totally say it in a Russian accent- and that you thought the note was just to welcome you to the neighborhood.