Friday, September 5, 2008

Don't bother calling me...

My cell phone was stolen tonight.

I sent a text message from inside my car on the way home from work (STOPPED AT A TRAIN TRACK, MIND YOU) and then popped into the store to grab a few things before going home. I brought my phone inside with me (since the last thing I texted was "Call me!"), and set it down on the counter to pay. It was crowded as hell in there, and I was NOT in the upstanding neighborhood where I live. Walked out to my car, drove part way home, and realized I left my phone there. So I turned around and drove back. It was gone. It was on vibrate, to make matters worse.

They took me into the manager's office to watch the past few minutes of surveillance footage, and we saw me walking up to the cashier, then some fat black woman blocked the view of what happened - me setting the phone down and someone picking it up. IT WAS CROWDED.

The manager wanted a number where I could be reached in case they find it. Well, can't help ya out there!

Mostly I'm upset about the pictures.

You know, maybe there is some lesson I still have to learn. My photo card died during our trip to Belize and I was distraught. It happened again! Photos I wanted to keep forever and ever are no longer mine. What is God trying to teach me and why am I being so stubborn?!

It woke me up to realize how much I loved that phone. And everything on it. I learned, God! Now give me my phone back, please.

But the other thing that's difficult is that I'm living alone and it was my outlet to humankind. I scream tonight and no one hears me. I want to talk to my sisters and I can't.

I would've been eligible for an upgrade anyway (since my phone is 2+ years old) but I saw online that I am late on my first ever payment by 3 days. So I think I lost my eligibility.

Life fucking sucks.

No comments: