Friday, August 15, 2008

Most Uncomfortable Moment of the Day

I decided to get a trim even though it would delay my hair donation thingy, because I just can't deal with these split ends. I found a coupon for a free haircut at one of those scary strip-mall chain haircut places, so I went there after work.

I took a seat in the waiting area, and they called one of the two women sitting next to me and led her into the back for her haircut.

She came out a few minutes later and told her friend, "She can't cut my hair. It's because I'm black." The employee came out behind her and said, "I told you I don't have a lot of experience but I am willing to try to cut it if you don't mind me practicing on you."

The woman asked for the corporate phone number and for the employee's name.

I felt so bad for both of them.

No comments: