Friday, October 17, 2008

Things I'd Like to Eat Right Now

After my "Surprise! Your tooth cracked in half from eating a breakfast bar, you're getting a root canal!" a lot of people at work joked, "Oh, just stay on the liquid diet, if you know what I mean har har har!" But seriously, it is crazy how much of a desire I have to actually chew. I have been sustaining myself on soup and bread dipped in soup and fake mashed potatoes and milkshakes for over 2 weeks now. I would kill to even chew a fucking piece of gum. They're not putting the crown on for another 2+ weeks and I'm going insane.

Top 10 Things I Dream of Eating (IN A PARTICULAR ORDER):

10. That can of Chef Boyardee spaghetti and meatballs in the cupboard
9. Microwave Popcorn
8. Cheesesteak, Provolone With
7. Tortilla chips and salsa
6. A Salad. I swear - Just a regular salad!
5. A Sugar Daddy - In all honesty, I have lost 3 teeth from Sugar Daddies, and I know full well I can never eat one again. But I still love them.
4. Sweet Corn
3. Candy Corn
2. A Charms Blow-Pop
1. A GIANT STEAK MEDIUM RARE STRAIGHT FROM THE GRILL

As a side note, after all these years I finally have "dental insurance" but learned recently that they will pay only 50% of a "reasonable charge" (which they have deemed "reasonable") for whatever dental work I receive. Which means I get basically nothing toward my actual dental bills.

And... my tooth hurts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You would think with all the money that it costs to get dental procedures done, and all the time that dentists have on their hands, that they would do something that would enable you to chew while you were waiting for your crown.

I know how you feel. I was on a liquid diet after my chin surgery. Don't forget you can eat applesauce! But seriously, it sucks to eat only liquid.

At least you'll save on toilet paper.

RanaElizabeth said...

I am totally unable to feel your pain never having been forced onto a liquid diet, but I do know the feeling of wanting to eat something you can't. While on study abroad in China, the thing that I dreamed about the most was a bowl of corn flakes with really cold milk. I didn't even like corn flakes, but there was something so simple about that breakfast which made me drool.