Saturday, May 3, 2008

I finally did it!

I've somehow become a breakfast person. I don't know how this happened, since I never used to care much for breakfast, or anything relating to mornings, at all. On the weekends I got in the habit of sleeping until noon, waking up hungry, and running to Subway or Taco Bell for lunch. Now that I'm on a normal-person schedule, I can't stay awake past 10:00pm (don't tell Jennifer!) and today I woke up at 7:15 without an alarm.

On the drive to Ikea, I kept wanting to stop at a restaurant but they were all closed. I parked in the Ikea lot at 10:07am, 7 minutes after the store opened its doors. The lot was only half full. I knew I wouldn't be able to spend two hours shopping on an empty stomach so I made a beeline to the cafe and got the "regular breakfast," no bacon, double potatoes. French toast is actually pretty good, which I learned today.

I had that full-sized ironing board in my cart about 20ft. from the check-out. But I took it out and stuck it in a random furniture aisle. I left with a new garlic press, a meat tenderizer, a wall-clock (which I hung above my fireplace and looks amazing), a corkscrew (I am 27 and this is my first corkscrew), a set of coasters, a set of knives for Mom, and a table runner that ended up being too short which I need to return.

I went to Target afterward for curlers and a utensil holder. And I saw a full-sized ironing board and I bought it. I just bought it. I put it in my spare room, which I can finally use because they installed the new carpet today. I have a spare room and a standing ironing board. I feel like such an adult.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.