Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I'm voting Abock Abamma

While I realize that it is probably NOT cute, but rather annoying to people who are not my family, my sister taught her daughter to say she's voting for Obama. Although she can't really say "Barack" right. It was awesome.

On the other hand, the last time I talked to S she could only say hi repeatedly and still didn't understand how the phone worked. But last night she said, "Hi Bean how you doin' -- good?" And then she wouldn't get off the phone and I kept saying "Bye-bye" but she would say, "No, I'm talkin' now. Where are you -- at work? I'm at Grammy's. Where's D? Is he at school? P and P are at work. Are you at work? Hi. Hi. I'm at Grammy's. Hi."

After 20 minutes I had to hang up on her because she wouldn't give the phone back!

1 comment:

RanaElizabeth said...

It's definitely cute! I spoke to Izzy last night on the phone (she'll be three on Thanksgiving!!) and I asked her if she was voting. She SCREAMED "Yeah!". I have no idea if her mom had said anything to her or if she was just excited, but it was cute. She also asked me, as she does every time I talk to her on the phone, if I was on the train coming home. She then tells my dad to go pick me up from the station. And then rambles on about how she's going to go get Meggie at the train station. Completely awesome- the kid totally associates trains with her aunts. Her mom took her to Strasburg Railroad and apparently she cried when her aunts weren't on those trains. I absolutely love talking to her on the phone. I generally can't understand what she's saying, but it's great anyway. The other day she told me that she had to go because Mawmy (my mom) had to go put clothes on because she was naked-- or at least that's what I heard. It might not have been what she actually said.