Saturday, June 21, 2008

I want a family.

Today I got up early, hit Ikea, 3 different malls and a Blockbuster. I was out walking and shopping for 8 full hours. I have slightly pink skin, one fabulous new top, a bag full of B&BW crap, and a Juno DVD.

I noticed today, though, several mothers in the malls pushing strollers with retarded kids in them. I'm not trying to be mean or disrespectful, but I saw 3 children with down syndrome, one child who was a dwarf, and another who had a visible mental handicap. All 5 mothers looked like they were maybe a few years older than me. Mid 30's or so.

I am so angry that having children at an older age increases the risk of having an unhealthy child.

Why am I worried about healthy children when I am still an unmarried 27 year old virgin?!

Or, wait, maybe that is why.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ya know, I have a friend (that you've briefly met at a little "party" I threw about a year ago) that up until Feb was a 25 yr old virgin that had her Masters and hadn't had a MF for 2 years.

Now, it's nearly July and she thinks he is "the one" and well, you know that virginity thing???

She found him on eHarmony. Seriously. The guy is a total catch too.